Laser Hardening is becoming the go-to process when it comes to hardening selective areas on molds and dies, such as parting lines, shutoffs, shears, etc.
Some of the benefits of Our Laser Hardening Process consist of:
- Built in Pyrometry, guarantees consistent temperature control at the workpiece for repeatable results
- Precise energy input reduces distortion and risk of cracking
- Capable of hardening finished components reducing manufacturing cost
- Case hardness up to .080″ depth
- Ability to harden selective areas vs. hardening the entire workpiece
- 8-Axis of motion reduces set-up/fixturing time, resulting in reduced process cost
The ability to harden tooling in its finished condition is saving manufacturing companies big dollars. Check out a recent laser hardening project we worked on below:
Contact us at email@example.com to see if laser hardening is the right choice for your tooling!